Sunday, December 16, 2018

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies

Our cook was very frustrated by these. Recipe claims 'just 5 minutes to make' - Not even close. Perhaps it was new baker woes, but definitely not 5 minutes.


from : https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/07/10/no-bake-mocha-chocolate-chip-cookies/


Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup quick oats (60g)
  • 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp oat flour (or make your own by blending oats in a food processor until they become powder. Measure after blending.) (60g)
  • 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (10g)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp xylitol or sugar (60g)
  • 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules (I used decaf Mt. Hagen)
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Instructions

No Bake Cookies Recipe: In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a cup, combine liquid ingredients, then pour wet into dry and stir until incorporated fully. Transfer to a plastic bag and smush into a ball. Now you can roll into smaller balls or fridge until a little firmer. (If you use coconut oil, these cookies will harden when chilled, but they go back to being soft if left out.) You could also bake these if you wish. For gluten-free no bake cookies: be sure to use certified-gf oats and oat flour.


Nutrition info per cookie:




  • Calories: 50
  • Fat: 3g
  • Carbs: 6g
  • Fiber: .5g
  • Protein: .5g
  • WW points (new system): 1 point
https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/no-bake-chocolate-coffee-cookies-nutrition-facts/

EDIT: I thought (and still think) I got 26 cookies when I made these, but some of the commenters have said they’re getting only 14-16. Other commenters are indeed getting 26 cookies, so I think it’s just that some people are making bigger cookies.  If your batch yields 16: there will be 80 calories, 4.5g fat, 10g carbs, and 1g each protein and fiber (with 2 ww points) per cookie.
Notes: Nutritional information does include the chocolate chips. If you choose to leave out the chips, the calories and fat will be a little lower. (I wouldn’t recommend leaving them out, but it’s your choice. They certainly won’t be as good!)

Substitution Notes:
For the oat flour: I haven’t tried these cookies with another flour subbed for the oat flour. If anyone experiments with almond flour or coconut flour (or any other flour flour), please report back with results. (If you do want to experiment with coconut flour, you’ll probably have to add more liquid to the recipe.)
For the oil: I haven’t tried these cookies with applesauce (or anything else) subbed for the oil, and I can’t vouch for the results if you sub out the oil. But as always, feel free to experiment.
For the coffee granules: Texture-wise, it should be no problem to omit the coffee. I can’t vouch for the flavor, though, as I haven’t tried it. Also, you could try omitting and just using brewed espresso for the water instead… but I haven’t tried it. (Do I sound like a broken record? It’s because I’m trying to anticipate all questions I might get!)
All other substitutions: I’ve only tried the recipe as written, and therefore I can’t tell you if a particular substitution will work. I only vouch for the deliciousness of these cookies if you make them exactly as written… right down to the last grain of salt ;).

No comments: